Here at Trackers we understand the developmental needs of each child in every one of our camp adventures. Our Guides meet kids where they’re at to have the best camp experience.
When looking for a camp on our website, you will find programs organized into four levels: Rovers (Grade K-1), Camp (Grade 2-5), Leadership (Grade 6-12 – day camp) and Overnight (Grade 6-12 – residential camp). These levels are designed for different ages and developmental needs. They are consistent across all types of camps and adventures.
For example, our Rangers Guild: Stealth, Archery and Wilderness Survival camps teaches kids stealth, archery and (you guessed it) wilderness survival skills for all age groups. But the way skills are taught is tailored to the specific age of campers.
- Rovers Rangers is for grades K-1
- Rangers Camp is for grades 2-3 and 4-5
- Rangers Leadership is for grades 6-8 and 9-12
- Rangers Overnight is for grades 6-8 and 9-12, while adding backcountry camping experience
Pro Tip: For Summer 2021 Overnights, students sleep in their own personal tents.
Another example would be our Realms camps, which teach outdoor skills but in a role-playing land of Elves, Wizards & Dragons. For the youngest campers, there is Rovers Realms. For elementary aged campers, there is Realms Camp. For middle and high school campers there is Realms Leadership and Realms Overnight.
You can read more below about how each program level is geared toward your child’s developmental needs to create the best action-packed summer adventure.
Grades K-1: ROVERS
Join Rovers, where the adventure begins! Our youngest Trackers build comfort, confidence, and connection in the outdoors. Kids explore in a group, creating new friendships. They practice outdoor skills through hands-on activities, using all five senses to engage their natural curiosity. Led by our early childhood outdoor guides, Grade K and Grade 1 Rovers learn in separate groups focused on the developmental strengths of each student.
- Day camps for our youngest Trackers with caring nature educators.
The adventure begins, building comfort, confidence, and connection in the outdoors.
- Become part of a group and create new friendships.
- Learn real outdoor skills through hands-on activities, using all five senses.
- Have fun by engaging natural curiosity.
- Grade K and Grade 1 learn in separate groups designed to their development level.
Grades 2-3 & 4-5: CAMP
Day camps for elementary age Trackers. In Camp, young Trackers develop independence and self-reliance in the outdoors. They learn responsibility and how to contribute to their community. Guided by our experienced outdoor educators, they journey through action-packed adventures, building confidence while connecting with friends. They practice outdoor skills and nature awareness through hands-on activities. Grades 2-3 and Grade 4-5 campers learn in separate groups. Led by our experienced outdoor guides, Camps focus on the developmental strengths of each student.
- Day camps for elementary age Trackers.
- Develop independence, self-reliance and confidence in the outdoors.
- Learn responsibility and how to contribute to the community
- Discover action-packed adventure with friends as part of a team.
- Experience hands-on activities to learn and practice outdoor skills.
- Grade 2-3 and Grade 4-5 learn in separate groups designed for their development level.
Grades 6-12: LEADERSHIP
Day programs for middle school and high school age Trackers. Leadership calls on young Trackers to step forward and contribute to their extended family and community. Stewardship becomes a key element in how they connect with community, nature, and many generations beyond our lifetime. Students broaden their responsibilities and act as role models for younger campers. As they adventure, they cooperate in a team and strengthen friendships. They train in outdoor skills, working to complete more advanced projects. They face challenges that build confidence and expand their connection to nature.
- Leadership day programs for middle school and high school age Trackers.
- Connect to nature as a Tracker, learning to see empathy as a wilderness survival skill.
- Cultivate stewardship for community, nature, and many generations.
- Connect with mentors and guides to master essential outdoor skills.
- With your team, act as a role model and guide for younger campers.
- Embark on action-packed adventures while learning outdoor skills with friends.
Grades 6-8 & 9-12: OVERNIGHT
This is real camping! Overnight camps are 100% outdoors and in the fresh air. We camp out under the stars while connecting with friends and nature. Each student has their own tent and we eat all meals outdoors. Residential camps are for middle school and high school Trackers. Overnight Base Camps are set in exciting wilderness locations where we develop true independence and lifelong camping and expeditionary skills. Look for the Overnight option on the camp pages to discover if a camp theme has a residential option!